Saturday, May 9, 2015

From Jim Waymer, "Four senior staff resign from water management district"

This is news from FloridaToday on the St. Johns River Water Management District on staff resignations:
     The most telling resignation, Lee said, is that of Robert Christianson, who oversaw purchases of conservation lands and their management. Christianson had been with the agency 25 years.
     "This letter constitutes my irrevocable resignation from District employment, in lieu of termination. My last date of employment will be July 2, 2015," Christianson wrote in a May 5 letter to the district.
     The resignation letter of Tom Bartol, an assistant director who managed water supply studies, had the identical wording.
     Harold Wilkening, a division director who oversaw water supply planning, resigned after more than three decades with the district.
     "It has been my greatest pleasure to work with the district these past 32 years, under the leadership of eight governors, five executive directors, and so many dedicated Governing Board members. I'm proud of our accomplishments."
     Chief of Staff Jeff Cole also resigned, writing: "I am honored to have worked for the District for 21 years, and I am available to assist in ensuring a smooth transition of my responsibilities."
     The resignations came in the immediate wake of Register [district's acting executive director, Mike Register], taking the top district job this week, succeeding Hans Tanzler.
     Register's statement did not address the reasons for the resignations.
     "While I do not believe that it is productive or necessary to expound upon the reasons for the resignations, my decision to accept them was based upon my conclusion that it was in the best interest of the District.