Sunday, April 17, 2016

From the Delray Raw Facebook page. . . a must read for everyone in the little City of Lake Worth

This is satire, but it is a summary of the issues talked about in that city. You can see how we sometimes get so wrapped up in issues near to us, that we can't see the good that is all around and the reasons that brought us to where we are in the first place. And, you will be able to understand that there are inherent differences between the two cities that are often compared.

"What a morning I had yesterday! Sheesh!

First, I was subjected to seeing a homeless person after my rather expensive breakfast I just had. It's bad enough to have to see a homeless person, but then 2 rehabbers walked by me with baggy shorts and cigarettes. I had to move my wife out of the way to avoid them and I contemplated calling the police. I knew they were rehabbers because they were 22 years old. 

We then tried to go have coffee at Starbucks patio but it was closed!!

Probably some conspiracy involving the Feds, but that's good. I was in fear of my life when I walked by that place! I guess it is for the greater good of our town, so I'll have rondo to the Starbucks 230 feet away now I suppose.

So after walking a while we walked by folks arguing about a movie theater being built that will surely ruin their lives. They didn't elaborate further, but yes, this theater would be the worst thing in this town since... Since ever. Anyway, is there a way we can stop trains from passing by our town? I didn't realize I bought my $500,000 home 47 feet from the train tracks, and the noise is ruining my sleep. [emphasis added]

By this time we went to go eat lunch on the ave, but argued about which was worse for our lives. Being near smelly dogs or loud kids interrupting our $58 macaroni. Soon after, rehabbers, puppy millers, snow birds, movie theater haters and homeless people began chasing us, I tried to snap a pic of my plate for Delray raw before we started running!!! 

The rehabbers and the people who eat with their dogs in baby strollers next to them were catching up to us! We finally made it west of Swinton, which nobody ever really talks about thank goodness. I suppose that isn't the real Delray. 

Anyway, I will try again today in the hopes that no one ruins my breakfast. You see, I sold my parents home on Long Island and made $990k so I am a big deal now."