Sunday, March 22, 2015

There's a chicken fight in Jacksonville and here come the yard signs!

A Jacksonville resident is angry as hell with the "unelected president of our non existent neighborhood homeowners association". The neighbor in question, instead of walking over and asking, "Are you raising chickens?", instead went to code enforcement and filed an anonymous complaint. Here from the story in The Shark Tank:
     On Thursday, I was falsely accused of harboring chickens in my backyard. Yes, chickens! I may have some in my fridge that I bought at the grocery store, but I did not know that was against the law.     Anyway, Jacksonville code enforcement representatives appeared at my door to search for the hidden fowl. I gave them the grand tour and as they suspected there were no chickens!     Don’t get me wrong… I am not mad at the code enforcement officers for doing their job. I am mad at the noisy neighbor who reported the incident anonymously and without merit. Of course I voiced my concern to the code enforcement office.
The neighbor falsely accused of harboring chickens made signs and put them in the yard. Here is what one of the signs read:

NO!! WE DON'T HAVE CHICKENS OR ROOSTERS! BUT...YOU ARE A CHICKEN BY NOT ASKING US FIRST!