Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Comment left under Oceanside Market Parking follow-up by our correspondent...

After getting the ticket on Saturday, I called the number provided and left a message. I received a return call this afternoon. Here's the gyst...the parking lot at Old Bridge Park is plenty large enough to accommodate market attendees if only the vendors would push to the furthest western end of the park and oh, by the way, you can always park on the west side of the bridge for free and walk! The caller blamed the owner of the market but did suggest he would go to the market at some point and take pictures to confirm my story but there was nothing he could do about the ticket. Note: I didn't ask him to "help" with the ticket. It was clear the city doesn't care if the the market lives or dies. I do and have friends who are vendors so I will continue to support them. However, I will likely return to WPB as they have free parking until 1pm and it's clear the city loves its market. I'm also planning to vote tomorrow for those candidates who support our city and the possibility of terminating Ms. Stanton before her "my way or the highway" way of doing business completes the destruction of our city! GET OUT AND VOTE!