|Also in this week's (6/2) edition is news about free food for children in local schools this summer, the latest Little Free Library, strategic planning by Salvation Army, Library news, opinion, local businesses, meetings, and so much more.|
The Palm Beach County League of Cities held its annual Board of Directors Installation at a GALA luncheon held on Wednesday May 18, 2016 at the Kravis Center. The keynote speaker was Florida Senator, Joseph Abruzzo.
The honor of installing the 2016–2017 President and Board of Directors went to the Honorable Tim McCarthy, retired judge and former Mayor of the Town of Lake Clarke Shores. In attendance were 360 elected municipal and county officials, state legislators and business partners.
The awards presented were:
- County Person of the Year: Verdenia Baker, Palm Beach County Administrator, William “Bill” Moss Memorial Award
- Manager Daniel Clark, Town of Lake Clarke Shores, Career Excellence
- Mayor Samuel Ferreri, City of Greenacres, Associate Member of the Year
- Elizabeth Perez, Legislator of the Year
- Mike Mullaugh, Deputy Mayor, City of Boca Raton
- Joe Casello, Commissioner, City of Boynton Beach
- Andy Amoroso, Vice Mayor Pro Tem, City of Lake Worth
- David Levy, Councilmember, City of Palm Beach Gardens
- Jeff Hmara, Vice Mayor, Village of Royal Palm Beach
- Anne Gerwig, Mayor, Village of Wellington