Monday, May 30, 2016

Who would have thought! All that interest about my attendance at event for the Dollars for Scholars Foundation

Always surprised about the things that will get attention on this blog. The emails and phone calls continue with thoughts and comments on the words and especially about the pictures below. If you've already read this please scroll down for new content and Thank You for visiting. Without further ado, about my venture into the Great Walled City of Atlantis:
I attended a fundraising event put on by the Lake Worth High School Alumni Foundation for the Lake Worth Dollars for Scholars "Hats on Luncheon." It was held at the Atlantis Country Club which is located within the tall walls that surround the city of Atlantis. A friend of mine from water exercise class, Carol Childs Webster told me about it, so I purchased a ticket for what turned out to be a very fun event.

Attendees festooned themselves in hats of all kinds. Here is Your's Truly with the one I chose to wear. This hat is courtesy of Mary Lindsey for a July 4th Raft Race a few years back:
Thank you, Mary! This hat won me the "funniest" hat prize.
They held a raffle, had an assortment of door prizes and some special silent auction items. I bid on a tour of the Kennedy Space Center for four people. Oddly, I've never been there in my 27 years in Florida. Someone bid higher than I did. There was a wide assortment of products, services were highlighted and many restaurant gift certificates.

The highlight was winning "funniest" hat in the men's division! My friend captured this picture I will forever cherish:
Much money was raised for a worthy cause and look forward to next year's event. It was great to see Mayor Pam Triolo there as well. The Alumni Foundation was very pleased to see such a large turnout from so many in the community in support of the Lake Worth High School.