Tuesday, August 15, 2017

From reporter Gary Fineout: “Rick Scott wants tax measure on next year’s ballot”.


To read the entire article use this link to SaintPetersBlog. A quote from the article:

“The governor should have the guts [emphasis added] to structure his proposed amendment to affect all tax changes,” said [State Senator Jeff] Clemens.

I’ve known Jeff Clemens for a very long time, even before he became Lake Worth Mayor Jeff Clemens. We’re both life-long Democrats and proud of it. By the way, did you know Clemens has never lost an election? It’s true.

Anyhow, a part of me cringes when I read quotes like,
“The governor should have the guts. . .”
This quote is “red meat” for a lot of Democrats who’ve been pushed around and kicked in the gut for a very long time here in South Florida. So a lot of Democrats will be very happy to read what Clemens said. However, three times in a row Gov. Scott vetoed the money for our City’s Park of Commerce in the state budget. Money the City of Lake Worth desperately needs.

So when I read the political rhetoric part of me wonders who ends up paying the price down the line. As another Democrat and current Lake Worth City Commissioner (who I’ll leave unnamed) is fond of saying, “If you’re not at the table, then you’re on the menu.”

I’ll just leave it at that.