Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Lake Worth tells day-labor center, three other organizations to move out of City Hall Annex

Results of the meeting last night reported in the PB Post, click title for link.  Jennings' comments about how closing the center in these economic times is "inappropriate."  The biggest problem that I had with the labor center is that it was using a city recreation facility intended for ALL the residents of Lake Worth.  My visit there after it opened was meant to show that it really wasn't serving the needs of the entire city.  I was one person in College Park that was in need of employment, I registered and never received a call or even an acknowledgement.  This was then used against me as being "sneaky" by my opponent in the Commission race last year.  And, Commissioner Jennings, it was inappropriate to put this facility in this location due to it not being permitted by land use and zoning.

How much city money was spent upgrading the building due to the arrival of the labor center?