Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Mohandas Gandhi


"A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble."
"An eye for an eye makes us all blind."

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. "

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it."

"I claim to be a simple individual liable to err like any other fellow mortal. I own, however, that I have humility enough to confess my errors and to retrace my steps.
"

"I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people."

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. "

"Peace is its own reward."

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problems."

"Truth is by nature self-evident. As soon as you remove the cobwebs of ignorance that surround it, it shines clear.
"

"We may have our private opinions but why should they be a bar to the meeting of hearts?"

"What do I think of Western civilization? I think it would be a very good idea."

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.
"