Monday, October 5, 2015

The St. Andrews Episcopal Church and the Blessing of the Animals in Lake Worth

To 'Follow' St. Andrew's on Twitter click on the icon in the Tweet above. Here is the website for St. Andrews. Some history of the church:
     On January 25, 1914 [emphasis added], William Henry Sampson, the first settler of Lake Worth township, along with fourteen other communicants, founded St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church. The first services of the mission church were conducted by the Rev. Gilbert Ottman, who came from Holy Trinity Church in West Palm Beach. The first building was constructed on the existing site in the fall of 1914, and a small concrete parish hall was added in 1920. This building was destroyed in the disastrous hurricane of September 16, 1928, but a new church took its place a year later. The handmade altar, an 18th Century Italian eagle lectern, and the cypress pews that furbished this new church are still in use today.
[and. . .]
     Today St. Andrew’s is a living, loving church. Distinguishing our church today is its active pastoral ministry which reaches dozens of shut-ins and hospitalized persons weekly; a nursing home ministry; Sunday school; an active youth group; and Integrity chapter; and an ongoing program of forums, discussions and workshops of a religious and philosophical nature.
Here is the church's address and contact information:
100 North Palmway, Lake Worth Florida 33460
Office is open 9 am to 1 pm, MondayFriday
Phone: (561) 582-6609 and email address.

You would be surprised at the number of churches in the little City of Lake Worth, just like St. Andrew's, who go about their work with dignity and respect for our City.

No comments: