Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Friederike Mittner's letter to Lake Worth's Historic Resource Preservation Board on 2/17 vis-à-vis the Gulfstream hotel redevelopment

"I am unfortunately not able to attend this evenings proposal of the Gulfstream redevelopment project but wanted to submit my support via e-mail. I am writing solely as an almost 18 year homeowner in Lake Worth, however I am also a historic preservation professional with significant involvement at the local, state and national level.

I have reviewed the preliminary plans and believe the size, scale, mass and architectural elements are compatible with the Gulfstream, the surrounding properties and the historic district at large. I strongly encourage this board to unanimously approve this project and support its success.

Preservation is not about freezing buildings in time but providing guidance for a thoughtful balance of historic structures and related new construction that lead to viable and operational buildings.

Kindly, Friederike Mittner"

To read more about Friederike Mittner use this link.