Wednesday, February 25, 2015

My Tweet Was Molested

Any casual reader of my blog (and thank you everyone for visiting) knows I am a strong advocate for my little City of Lake Worth and most recently, our highly successful Street Painting Festival. The Director of the Festival this year was Maryanne Webber and the Producer was Nadine Burns. Thank you everyone who attended and volunteered this year.

The Street Painting Festival is a free event to the public. As such, there are no metrics to gauge how many people are going to show up. From second-hand sources know on both days people were very worried that attendance would be low due to the slow influx of visitors about noon. That all changed and very quickly. Note these three tweets I sent about the Festival, especially the third one where I write, "No comment necessary".
When anyone clicked the link to that third tweet you were directed to my blog where I posted some crowd pics from the Festival on Sunday (2/22) at 2:30 in the afternoon:  
 Then my tweet got molested!
The above individual molested my tweet. My tweet was a good tweet. Until it got molested. Festivals are for people. People like Festivals. Festivals make people happy and happy people like being around other happy people. 

Was it really necessary to molest my tweet? It was a well-meaning tweet, a tweet full of promise and joy. Until my tweet was molested. 

Was the Festival "Wayyyy too crowded"? No, of course not. A lot of happy people just happened to show up and that is Wayyyy too cool!