Saturday, August 23, 2014

Commissioner McVoy Responds to the "Break" video taken at the 8/19/14 Commission Meeting:

Greetings! Regarding video clip from the break during Tue Aug 19 Comm. meeting: Sorry to disappoint, but what I was actually doing is highly boring compared to the interesting theories above. 
The break occurred between sections 9 and 10, in particular before 10-B: "amend LDRs." As this was a detailed item, I wanted to review the back-up again. No luck getting to it online, but recalled that other Commissioners often have a hard copy back-up binder.
So, I went to Comm Amoroso's hard copy with agenda in my L hand to remind myself of the section and letter number. 
As I recollect, what I found was either too short or too detailed, so I recall giving up fairly quickly. 
The texting may not have been as boring, but it was to a friend, with content and friend both totally unrelated to Lake Worth. 

My response:

Thank you for commenting here. You must admit it looks odd. I sit on many boards and find myself in the same situation that you describe sometimes, but I never fail to ask permission or ask if someone has a copy that I could use first, rather than just rifle through someone else's things.

Oh, and where did you get that sandwich? It looked yummy!