Sunday, July 20, 2014

Christie commentary: Voters deserve primary debate between... | www.mypalmbeachpost.com

Christ should debate Rich. But he likely won't. This is more of a sad story about the state of Florida's Democratic party infrastructure. I like reading Palm Beach Post editorials now. Click title for link.
Some party faithful may beg to differ. Has his heart changed on 10-20-Life, the sentencing law derided by Democrats but supported by him as a Republican attorney general? Is his heart with the Treasure Coast or South Florida on the proposed All Aboard Florida high-speed rail project? Is his heart now heavy after appointing two of the most conservative justices on the state Supreme Court?
There’s no doubt that these are all questions Crist could answer deftly in a single debate.
He’s doesn’t have to do it to win the Democratic primary. Even Rich seemed to sound a conciliatory tone at the Florida editors meeting, saying: “I am a Democrat. … Despite the fact that I don’t like the way I’ve been treated, I will be supporting the Democratic nominee.”
Charlie Crist should debate Nan Rich. There, I said it again.