Friday, January 3, 2014

Candidate bolsters campaign with social media | www.palmbeachdailynews.com

A Town Council candidate in Palm Beach pledges to use social media as part of her campaign. Funny that the Shiny Sheet thinks this deserves an article about it as use of social media in campaigns is commonplace. But apparently not in Palm Beach. It sounds like she is going to let the "help" take care of the details. Click title for link to article.
“I’m using social media because I really think there are important issues in our campaign, and I’ve been a teacher and I realize how important it is that everyone gets the information,” she said. “I’m going to use every avenue to give people access to information, and social media is one of them.”
Townsend said she is “not a social media person” and has hired someone to help her manage the accounts. “It’s my thinking, my point of view, and their technical expertise,” she said. “I control content.”
Maybe it's because they haven't had a municipal election since 2010? I do applaud her efforts.