Saturday, June 14, 2008

Power went off today...

During the morning rains, I stepped out and had breakfast with friends - actually at the Friendly Greek in Lantana. It's a nice place and they never ask to see your Lake Worth passport. So if you want something different, you may want to check them out.

Anyway, while headed home it was obvious that we were having an electrical outage as all of the traffic lights were out. (However, Lake Worth was not alone - click title for PB Post article re FPL served areas). My passenger in the car and I were counting violations of the sign code from Lake Avenue north to the northern City limits. We tallied about 35 without so much as a glance at 35 miles per hour. And it was without the hoods up at the used car place around 5th and Dixie.

The power was definitely out at the house so I busied myself with things that don't require electricity. The power came back on after about an hour or so - maybe more. That's when I found out that the outage had fried my docking station for the laptop, so off to get a replacement sometime this weekend.

It's supposed to clear up weather-wise this afternoon for all you bar-b-quers. Have a nice weekend.

I'll be looking over the agenda for this Tuesday's Commission meeting and will have comments/questions posted shortly.