Monday, April 7, 2008

Another few thoughts...

It seems that I have become a You Tube addict. Amazing that it's such a recent invention and will no doubt have a transformative effect on civilization - the ability to "Broadcast Yourself" (their slogan). It's association with Google will help propel it as well. While I haven't produced a video myself (just one test so far), I see me doing so in the future. For the time being, I will limit the selection of offerings to songs that cross my mind from time to time. In a way, it's integrating my love of music into this which perhaps makes a more holistic view of who I am.

And, don't know if you saw this in the news or not, but there seems to be a "buzz" about people who maintain blogs running the risk of burning themselves out, to the point of going to that great blogosphere in the sky. Not to take such news lightly, but you should check out the story in the New York Times by clicking here. One gets the impression that the Times is feeling the competition and is attempting to cast bloggers as participants in a sort of writer's sweat shop. Hmmmm.

As for me, a lot of my work is on the computer anyway and I am a fairly fast typist, so it doesn't take an inordinate amount of time to produce a post. Through a normal day, I come across many items which may be of interest and may add to the base of knowledge that we have in order to improve our City of Lake Worth. This blog is fueled by passion and not the need to be remunerated for my efforts. I hope that your stays here are enjoyable.

As far as the beach, the pool is being worked on and I plan to go there and gather pictures there as my travels dictate. Feeling a little frustrated today, I posted on another local website and questioned whether we, the City, deserve to be a custodian of our beach property. And it definitely was a question, not a statement. It was sort of a "shame on us for messing things up" mini-rant. But there are those times when one wonders if we didn't have it as a distraction that we could actually address the more serious quality of life issues on the mainland. Let's hope that Greater Bay is able to finish the pool by the end of the month, keep the State grant money and eventually get on with the bigger part of the project - once the legal clouds blow away.

By the way, one of the most popular items here is the tab along the right side of the page labeled "Beach". It gets the most hits of any section of this blog. Today has been an exceptionally busy day for the entire blog, by the way.

Have a good week.