Saturday, November 5, 2016

[UPDATE] Congratulations Tom Sutterfield! Somehow he got the Post to endorse his opponent, Barbara McQuinn.

The Palm Beach Post endorsement has been the kiss of death for Tom Sutterfield. Somehow he was able to shake off the Post editorial board and get them to endorse Barbara McQuinn instead for School Board District 1. McQuinn and her supporters apparently decided to keep the endorsement instead of trying to get the Post to take it back. Seems they don't see it as an insurmountable obstacle.

UPDATE: Now there's more news. McQuinn responds to Tom Sutterfield (see below). You can see this for yourself using this link, at the end of an article by Sonja Isger in the "Comments" section.

The reporter writes that Sutterfield is trying to, "take a second shot at the School Board after his last run for a different district, out of Boynton Beach, failed." What's not mentioned is who Sutterfield lost to. He got clobbered by Erica Whitfield. More on that after this response from Barbara McQuinn:

"I am saddened that a local school board race has resulted in relentless, defamatory robo calls about me that my family and many others have received over the past two weeks.
     Mr. Sutterfield says he cannot speak to what the PACs have done. He has no accountability for his campaign? I take total accountability for mine.
     I did not say he's profiting from charter schools; the management companies of the 3 boards he sits on profit from the students.
     I was not a director of a charter school; I was a volunteer board member.
     I am not against charter schools. There are excellent charter schools that offer innovative programs that students cannot receive in their district-assigned school."

[and. . .]

     "Finally, I have not failed students. Please visit my website www.votebarbaramcquinn.com to learn the true facts about my educational career and my endorsements from law enforcement, elected officials, the Classroom Teachers and Administrators Associations, and the Palm Beach Post.

Thank you.

Barbara McQuinn, Candidate for School Board District 1"

When Sutterfield ran against Erica Whitfield in 2014 he got the Post endorsement and then got clobbered by Whitfield. In the primary last August he got the Post endorsement once again and it wasn't enough. When the Post came calling the third time it was, 'Whoooaaaaa! Not me again.'

Stay tuned as they say. The election is this coming Tuesday.
School Board member Erica Whitfield at her victory party in 2014 after clobbering Tom Sutterfield.