Monday, April 27, 2015

Joan Collins—She has a pulse!

I was devastated by the news on Sunday. Set up a makeshift memorial and shed some tears in a bottle. I reminisced of Alexis Carrington Colby and found an old episode of Guiding Light, one of Joan Collins' guest appearances on the show.

Kept thinking to myself, how did I miss the news of Joan Collins' death? BECAUSE SHE'S NOT DEAD!

Here is the correction that appeared in The Palm Beach Post today:

Thank you to The Palm Beach Post for setting the record straight.

Mark Twain is widely misquoted as saying, "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated." This actually turned out to spring from the following.

This is what he really said, "James Ross Clemens, a cousin of mine, was seriously ill two or three weeks ago in London, but is well now. The report of my illness grew out of his illness; the report of my death was an exaggeration." (The original note is the Papers of Mark Twain, Accession #6314, etc., Clifton Waller Barrett Library, Special Collections, University of Virginia Library, Charlottesville, Va., in Box 1.)