Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Proclaiming National Customer Service Week...


This took place at the start of last night's City Commission meeting (10/1/13) as the first presentation. When I saw this on the agenda, I thought it odd knowing the reputation of the city's utility customer service department. It was always incomprehensible to me how this sort of situation was thought to be such an "intractable" problem. Remember all the hand-wringing and shoulder shrugging of previous Commissions and administrations about how to address this problem? And it really was a serious problem as that is the city's "front door" and the first experience residents may have with the city.

I will have to visit there when I get my beach decal permit, which are now being sold at the City Hall Annex building. I'll take some pictures of the changes that City Manager Bornstein describes at the end of this video. Take his challenge - go there to see and experience the changes yourself.