Friday, September 21, 2018

TONIGHT! It’s COCO Movie Night at The HATCH!


LULA says, “Please join us tonight for the Día De Los Muertos [Day of the Dead] kickoff event!”

And learn more below about the upcoming sacred celebration of Viva La Vida.

Click on image to enlarge:

 More information from LULA: Admission is
FREE and parking is FREE too. For more information call 561-493-2550. The HATCH is located at 1121 Lucerne Ave.


Very important information about the lead-up to the 3rd annual Día de los Muertos this year:


Viva La Vida celebrates and honors the Souls of Children and begins on October 20th. To learn more about this sacred Central American celebration click on this link.

Then on Saturday, November 3rd is the big day: Día de los Muertos. For more information about the Day of the Dead use this link.

Below the video is a prayer from the Popul Vuh, an ancient collection of prayers from Central America, the region now called Guatemala.


Día de los Muertos in the City of Lake Worth is everyone’s festival! No matter what country or culture you come from. Everyone is welcome.





For more insight into ancient Central American traditions what follows is a prayer from the Popul Vuh, included in the chapter titled, “Native American Prayer” in The Interfaith Prayer Book. This is a compilation of prayers by author Ted Brownstein and the Lake Worth Interfaith Network, the 2014 expanded edition:


Make my guilt vanish,
Heart of Sky, Heart of Earth;
Grant me a favor,
Give me strength, give me courage
In my heart, in my head,
Since you are my mountain and my plain;
May there be no falsehood and no stain,
And may this reading of the Popul Vuh
Come out clear as dawn,
And may the sifting of ancient times
Be complete in my heart, in my head;
And make my guilt vanish,
My grandmothers, grandfathers,
And however many souls of the dead there may be,
You who speak with the Heart of Sky and Earth,
May all of you together give strength
To the reading I have undertaken.


For more information about the prayer book Popol Vuh click on this link:


[T]he story of creation according to the Quiche Maya of the region known today as Guatemala. Translated as ‘The Council Book’, ‘The Book of the People’ or, literally, ‘The Book of the Mat’, the work has been referred to as “The Mayan Bible” although this comparison is imprecise.