Friday, February 6, 2015

Show us the proof... [UPDATE]

[UPDATE AT END OF ARTICLE]
This image from Facebook was sent to me by a reader of my blog last night (Wednesday, 2/4/15).
Mrs. McGiveron: I never asked for such a list. I do not have such a list. I don't know if such a list even exists. Even if it did, it would have no basis on how I conduct myself on the Historic Resource Preservation Board. If you examine the record of the board's actions, you would find fair treatment across all of the applicants that appear before us. What and who people have supported at election times is immaterial to the board's decisions. I invite you to view the videos of our meetings that can be found on the city's website, or attend a meeting in person to see for yourself.

I would ask that you retract or delete your assertion on Facebook, as it is baseless.

Oh, and by the way, the word "lawsuit" is one word, not two. A 'lawsuit' is quite different from a "law suite".

[UPDATE: It has come to my attention that the entire thread on Facebook, including the offensive accusation by Mrs. Katie McGiveron, has been deleted.]