Wednesday, November 19, 2014

No, he's not bitter. On the County Commission yesterday...

Reflecting on his years as a county commissioner and the reason former-County Commissioner did not show up at the county commission meeting yesterday, Santamaria had these pleasant, conciliatory words as reported in the Palm Beach Post, click title for link:
“For me to just sit there and hear all of the comments from the incoming commissioner and the incoming mayor, I did not feel it needed my half-hour drive to and from West Palm Beach. Mine was a minor role that really did not warrant my presence,” he told The Palm Beach Post.
Santamaria said he watched the meeting on TV.“You know and I know that I don’t get along with most of the county commissioners and they don’t like me,” he said.Attending the meeting would have created “another potential topic for somebody to say something to create controversy. There was no purpose for me to be there,” Santamaria said.