Sunday, April 13, 2014

From a concerned reader: Using Bryant Park for festivals

Dear Mr. Blackman,

    I love this little town, but why do we as residents who live across the street and also a LARGE
surrounding area have to put up with the PUBLIC PARK  being used and fenced in for a festival for two weekends out of three.  Not only that, but from the photos it has become a parking lot for overnighters.  These musicians do not understand or care that the music bounces off these buildings making it almost impossible for me to sit in my condo with the sliders closed to hear TV.  Last of all I am basically a prisoner in my own home for the weekend.  Yes, I can pay $5.00 for someone to valet park my car in the boat trailer area which also is taken away from the boaters for those two weekends.  If I choose not to pay $5.00 I then park 5 blocks away and walk home with my groceries.   I believe the homeowners and surrounding area deserve a little respect.

Thank you,
Darlene Tebbe
15 S. Golfview Rd.
Lake Worth, Fl.  33460