Monday, February 25, 2013

Last Friday...

I challenged fellow blogger Lynn Anderson to a debate on the height issue.  In advance of making the invitation, I worked with the Lake Worth Playhouse to schedule a time when the main stage would be available prior to the March 12th election. The date and time reserved for this event is Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at 7 p.m.  In the time since making the invitation, Ms. Anderson not-so-graciously declined through a post on her blog.  I gave her ample time to reconsider, which she did not.

Debates have been an electoral tradition in Lake Worth and it is one worth continuing.  It is in the public interest to debate the issues prior to an election.  I am now extending an offer to debate the chairperson of the Respectful Planning PAC, Laurel Decker.  Ms. Decker, I will give you until noon Thursday, February 28th to respond to this invitation. You may respond to the invitation to debate in an e-mail to wesblackman@gmail.com  I am sure that once you accept this invitation to debate, we will quickly settle on other parameters, including who will moderate the debate and various format decisions.  Thank you.

Respectfully,

Wes Blackman