Monday, January 14, 2013

Tuppen's c.1956



Bill Bachman, with Tuppen's, forwarded these to me this morning.  The top and middle picture are from 1956 - when they opened their boat sales yard.  The bottom photo might be from a little later on.  In his communication with me, Mr. Bachman included this information.  "Tuppen's has been on the corner I think since the 1920's.  The grand opening for boat sales was 1956.  We would also like to put the cartoons back up on the side of the building some time.  We had to paint over them because of code a few years back.  Tuppen's opened up as a wood shop that manufactured cabinets, then went into hardware and paint, then marine supplies, and now boats."

So, people are starting to contact me and forwarding historic Lake Worth photos to add to my already extensive digital collection.  What is hiding in your attic?