Friday, August 17, 2012

It's official - Jim Stafford has qualified for the District #2 City Commission race...

Here is a message from Jim Stafford:

Dear Friends,

It is with great excitement that I announce my intention to run for the District 2 commission seat.
I have spent the majority of my life working for the community from singing in the church choir as a boy, serving as a volunteer in Coast Guard Auxiliary, teaching in Glades, volunteering for not-for-profit organizations such as Bella's Angels, or sitting on the board of the Professional Photographer's Guild.

For far too long the needs of families in Lake Worth have fallen by the wayside.  As a father of four, I know first-hand how hard it is to raise a family in our community. We face failing schools, unreasonable utility rates that unfairly target larger households, neglected neighborhoods, and cuts in youth programs.

Unfortunately, the current District 2 Commissioner has not made these issues a priority. Although it sounds simple, changing the focus of the commission will not be easy; however, I know that with your support we can do it.

Join me in fighting for families and everyone's well-being in the city! Help me make attracting and keeping families in Lake Worth a priority because the key to economic success rests in stabilizing our neighborhoods. In the upcoming weeks I will need both your help and support.  
Best regards,

Jim Stafford
Congratulations Jim for stepping up for a chance to serve our community on a whole different level!