Friday, July 22, 2011

Response from Mayor Waterman


Wes,

I respect your intellect and am confident that you will make an appropriate decision as to when you feel comfortable that I am indeed an independent thinking, strong woman who relies on my own intellect, experience, and education to make informed decisions. 

I have open office hours on (disregard - see belowWednesdays from 9:30am to 12:30pm and on Thursdays from 4:00pm to 7:00pm unless another meeting supersedes them.  Please plan to come by during those times.  I would be happy to schedule something with you but my schedule is already full for the next few weeks as I am meeting with City staff quite a bit in my first few weeks as Mayor. 

Feel free to post my open office hours on your blog.

My response:

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. I will post your open office hours - a real good idea. I'd also like to assure you that I would harbor the same concerns if you were a man. The point of my communication was to say that I think I can put those concerns aside now.

Received from Mayor Waterman on 7/22:

I gave you the wrong open hours. It is tuesday mornings 9:30 to 12:30 and Thursdays 4 to 7. Please note that special commission meetings may interrupt Thursday evening hours. I will set up a way to post a notice but you may want to let your viewers know to check the calendar or of course stop by. Thanks.