Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Alert from a College Park Neighbor

A WPB resident near Forest Hill Blvd. just reported that someone, pretending to be his yard guy, was attempting to get into his back yard and he just happened to be home!  Lake Worth PBSO has reported 2 recent burglaries in College Park – one on Dartmouth about 3 weeks ago and one on Princeton last week.  Our non-emergency line is 586-1611 – Deputy Wilson from Lake Worth PBSO said to call on any and all suspicious cars or persons……Please Read below about the WPB incident:


(This message was sent to the West Palm Beach Police Department)


I thought I should notify you in regard to something that happened while I was sitting in my back yard with my dog. I was hearing a weed wacker, leaf blower, hedge trimmer coming closer and closer to the side gate of our home. Our landscaper doesn't come here until Tues. or Weds.

Anyway, they shut the machine off and wiggled the lock on the gate. My dog barked , I told her to be quiet and then  they took off in a car out front very quickly. Nothing in the yard was trimmed or leaf blown 

This of course could be a new way to look like a worker to anyone seeing this happen and think nothing of it until the home owner comes home and says they were robbed. I am lucky that I was home and scared them off. I only wish I was able to get through the house in time to see what type of car it was.

I just thought I would make you aware of this activity so people can be on the look out.

Thank you,