Sunday, July 24, 2011

Abandoned and foreclosed homes a haven for crime in Lake Worth

More on this later when I am done reviewing the budget - finally there is more staff proposed for what would otherwise be called the Planning Department. Here, we are choosing to call it the Sustainability Department. This name a little ponderous, for reasons that I will explain later. For example, how "sustainable" is a reverse osmosis plant? If you look at the entire 4 million person metropolitan South Florida region - how "sustainable" has that proven to be and at what cost - dollar-wise and environmentally speaking? Like I said, more later. I do like the fact that we are adding staff where it has been sorely needed, but I am having a difficult time figuring out where we are taking the resources from to fund these positions. Click title for link to article.