Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day Pics - 2010 - Lake Worth





I can't get away without telling a few stories.  I went to vote at the Congregational Church around 2 p.m. and I was voter #257.  There was a pleasant group of like-minded citizen-residents there so I sat down, chatted, ate an apple and drank some water.  We were able to share some stories of the day.  This morning, someone called me about Dan Liftman, aide to Congressman Alcee Hastings.  Congressman Hastings had recently made a robo call on behalf of Carla Blockson, District #2 candidate.  It turns out that Mr. Liftman was wearing his Alcee Hastings shirt outside of the Shuffleboard Court building saying that wasn't Mr. Hastings who made the call and he wouldn't endorse a local candidate anyway, etc, and so forth.  So, I called their Mr. Hastings headquarters and told them what was going on.  Carla Blockson heard directly from Alcee Hastings that he banned Dan Liftman from Lake Worth for the day and apologized for his staff's behavior.  So, that was one drama.

After a little while, I left that polling location and went to the Baptist Church on M Street to wave a sign or two for about an hour or so.  There were other like-minded voters there and I chatted with them.  There were also two supporters of the other "team" there - Gael Sliverblatt and Lynda Mahoney.  Both of them were standing behind signs - in the street- supporting their candidates.  After a bit, I moved up behind them to maybe about 2 or 3 feet away and held my Blockson/Maxwell sign over my head and over their signs.  (Pic below was taken before)  At one point, the Jennings seniors (ma and pa) came up and Gael said, while I was standing close with arms raised, "Someone has a body odor problem." To which I replied, "I don't know why, I bathe more than once a week."  That was all.  I left around three o'clock.  We'll see what the results are later on tonight!