Saturday, September 26, 2009

Updates...

At noon today, I went to the CRA retreat that was held at the Lake Worth Golf Course Clubhouse. The "old" board was invited to meet with the "new" board from 12 to 1 p.m. I got there a little before noon and was treated to someone reading a PowerPoint presentation on the do's and don'ts of being a CRA in the state of Florida. The presentation wrapped up around 12:45 p.m. and then we were treated to lunch. Only two other members of the "old" board attended - Mark Rickards and Wayne Marcinkowski. The "new" board quickly reassembled when eating lunch to review goals and action plans. I wish the current board the best, but I thought we'd have more chance to interact with them. I'm disappointed that didn't happen. I leave open the offer to chat with any of the current members if they are interested.

When I got back, two very nice ladies brought over two very nice campaign contributions. Along with additional contributions received this week, things are looking good for the campaign's coffers. More checks came in the mail today as well. If you are interested in making a contribution, please make the check payable to "Campaign to Elect Wes Blackman" and send it to 241 Columbia Drive, Lake Worth, Florida 33460. Maximum contributions are limited to $500 per person or business entity - any contribution over $100 must indicate the occupation of the contributor. Stay tuned for word on an organized fundraiser/ meet and greet coming soon!

I have handbills, stickers and signs to distribute - more go out every day and I am humbled by the warm response I am getting on the campaign trail. Thanks for your continued support - blog readership statistics are through the roof! A very special welcome to all of the new visitors!

Have a great weekend!
Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Wes Blackman for City Commissioner District #3