Friday, July 24, 2009

My CRA Board Member comments at the end of the 7/14 meeting...



YouTube description: This is what I am referring to as my anti-tyranny speech - in reaction to comments from fellow Community Redevelopment Agency Commissioner Ed Grimm regarding my positions and questions related to the Lake Worth Resource Center - operating out of a substandard city recreation building. The LWRC made an application for a grant before the CRA at this meeting and the request was approved on a vote of 4-2, with me casting one of the dissenting votes.

Commissioner Grimm suggested that it was somehow a conflict of interest by my attempt to register as a worker at the center - and I respond accordingly. In another related video, the CRA's attorney confirms that it was not a conflict.

At the time of the meeting, it looked like it might be the board's last as the City Commission was to meet the following Monday to discuss taking over the function of the CRA. It turns out that the CRA board will continue to exist for the near future and new applicants will be considered to fill the board's six vacancies. I have re-applied to continue on the CRA.


Thank you to Jim Stafford for his valuable assistance in putting together this video.