Monday, April 6, 2009

A word or two about the LW Mayoral race...

Thanks to everyone that has talked, called or e-mailed me after the articles appeared in the Palm Beach Post last week and again today. You expressions of support mean a lot to me and I'll be calling on you soon to help make our vision of Lake Worth a reality after November '09.

The PB Post made it seem like I announced, when in fact that's not what happened. I told George Bennett that I am planning on running for Mayor. Slightly different than announcing, but it's more about timing. I haven't opened a campaign account. I am still actively serving on the CRA and do not have to resign until qualifying period ends in August - assuming I follow through on my plans to run.

Keep checking back here for further announcements. For now, if you're curious about who I am and what I stand for, this blog gives you over 1,500 opportunities to find out more about me. If you like what you see here, tell your friends and neighbors about me - ask them to check out the blog. You can leave a message via the "Grand Central" button on the right-hand side of the blog or e-mail me at wesblackman@gmail.com. That's a way to arrange a face-to-face meeting. If you are part of a group of people, I'd love to arrange an opportunity to chat with you all in the near future.

Let's all get involved so that Lake Worth is known for being responsive to its residents' needs and is first when it comes to communicating with its residents. We have a long way to go.