Thursday, March 5, 2009

From a resident: LW Utilities overcharging for water

Dear Fellow LW Residents, I have recently been overcharged for my house water usage, for a ridiculous amount of 900 gallons per day, for the last 5 months. The most recent bill has gone back to normal. It's a long story, so I will spare you the details.

I have found 3 other people who have also had unexplainable enormous spikes in their water bills.

At the next Parrot Cove meeting, March 26, I am going to talk about this to see if others have also been inexplicably overcharged.

If you know of anyone in this same situation, please have them contact me. My friend in College Park who was over charged is bringing it up at their next neighborhood meeting also.

I am not sure what to do, except for now just to find more residents who have been overcharged for water, look at the cases. and go from there.

With more people involved, I hope we can find some solution.

Thanks for your time, MARIA KARKI
ps.
You can give my email to anyone in the same boat.

NOTE TO BLOG READERS: Please write down your experiences related to this problem of overcharging and forward them to me at wesblackman@gmail.com. We will assemble them and present them at one time to city officials.