Thursday, July 24, 2008

Special Announcement from the Jim Stafford Campaign:

It is with deep regret that I announce the curtailment of my campaign for Lake Worth District #2 City Commissioner. My professional commitments and family obligations have changed significantly since announcing my candidacy for office. The situation is such that I may have to relocate my residence sometime during my term if I was elected. I cannot in good conscience continue to run knowing that is a possibility. I appreciate the support shown to my campaign and will be refunding monies donated towards that effort. As long as I am a resident of Lake Worth, I will remain active in the community to the extent possible.

As of now, I offer my support to no one that is currently expected to run for the position nor for the incumbent. I'd like everyone to know that I have not exited the race for any other reason than those stated. My decision not to run is not due to anything that was said, or that would have been said, about me in any forum - in public or over the Internet.

Again, I really appreciate the support demonstrated for my campaign. I hope that Lake Worth can eventually attain that bright, safe and prosperous future that we all desire.

Sincerely,

Jim Stafford
Former Candidate for District #2
July 23, 2008