Saturday, July 5, 2008

Grand Finale Fireworks Display - Lake Worth 2008



The above is the culmination of a very full and fun day. It started humbly enough by me taking care of chores here and there around the house, tending to the flock, etc. Around 2:30 I left the house and headed to Bryant Park (amidst the rumbling of storm clouds and the steady rain). I volunteered to work the beer tent at Tropic Fest from 3 to 6 p.m. Business was light - few people ventured out given the weather conditions and the shift only picked up as the weather cleared during the last hour. While there, I was entertained by the Datura Street Band, whose lead vocalist/guitar is none other than Mayor Jeff Clemens. Lots of 80s and 90s tunes, they are a good bar band and if you ever see them at a local nightspot, it's worth checking them out.

From there, I went quickly home to take care of Mars and Venus and then off again I was to Bo and Erin Allen's for a Fourth of July feast and fireworks viewing from their rooftop terrace overlooking Bryant Park. Great hospitality and a tasty array of brought-dishes. My contribution consisted of chips and salsa (I am domestically challenged - boiling water and making toast are the extent of my culinary abilities.) Nice to catch up with others assembled there. The fireworks were fantastic this year and it was fun to see glimpses of other local community displays in the distance. Thank you Bo and Erin for a wonderful time!

On the way back, I stopped at the Mad Hatter and got engrossed in a couple of interesting conversations, bumping into some people I hadn't talked with in a while. All in all a great day!