Wednesday, May 21, 2008

North "L" Street

This was posted under "Life in Lake Worth". I moved it here as it might be overlooked.

I moved to Lake Worth from Boynton a couple of months ago. I have always liked the "vibe" in Lake Worth and have been happy with my decision. It's a great town.

Yesterday when I was coming home the police had "raided" the house next door. It appeared that they were taking away two women. A masked police officer (undercover no doubt) was talking to another resident of the house. I over heard the words, crack, prostitution and "we're watching you".

I knew the people next door were "up to no good" and the house is a run down mess.

While it is unsettling to have a "bust" occur next door, I am delighted to see some action and applaud the officers involved.

I love my new hometown, I like my other neighbors very much. I have a handicapped daughter who lives with me half the time. She loves to walk downtown and see the puppet show and listen to all the great music. I want her to be able to enjoy all of this with me.

I suppose we can be mad about the police situation, however we should be more upset about the criminals that infest such a great town.

Yesterday's raid has spurred me to become more active. This town is too good to give it over to addicts, prostitutes and thieves!