Sunday, October 14, 2007

Victory Fund Friend

You might remember that I went to Houston last year for a Victory Fund campaign training session. When we split into groups, one of the people that I was fortunate to get to know a little better was Lynn Schulman. She was kind enough to send me a copy of an invitation to her fund raiser coming up in early November. I'll share it with you here. There are a couple of interesting items on it that we really should consider including in our disclosure forms, as it turns out.

She's running for a seat on the New York City Council:



Note the disclaimer on the return receipt: "I understand that state law requires that a contribution be in my name and be from my own funds. I hereby affirm that this contribution is being made from my personal funds, is not being reimbursed in any manner, and is not being made as a loan."

Hmmmm. Sounds like a good idea to me! It's also apparent they have some sort of public money being leveraged by private donations.