Thursday, October 2, 2014

From a loyal and concerned reader

"I am one of those few that actually watch city meetings on line regularly: city commission, P&Z, HRPB... It's usually in the background while I do other things. Imagine my surprise when I go to watch the P&Z and John Rinaldi is not there. Greg Rice was in the chair seat and some woman I never saw before was sitting to his right. What is going on? 

I go to Advisory Board section and look over P&Z. Commissioner McVoy's District 2 appointment which used to be John Rinaldi was now represented by Elise LaTorre. Did John Rinaldi not re-apply or did he resign? Does anyone know what happened?

As the meeting progressed they had a vote for the vice-chair and Mr. Sherwin was elected. Greg Rice is now the P&Z chair.

Shouldn't a press release be issued by the city? When the P&Z Chair suddenly leaves the scene the public should be aware, don't you think? P&Z is one of the more important boards in the city. 

If I find out something I will let you know. Thanks, Wes, for all that you do for the city."