Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Parking meters may pop up in downtown Lake Worth lots

Click title for link to PBP article. You know, it's funny, in a tragic sort of way. I was driving through downtown yesterday and as I passed the lot at L and Lucerne - empty save for four cars on the south part of the lot - employees? - seeing the parking meter pay station there made me think that was the camel's nose under the tent. Then today we get the whole camel in the tent as outlined in the article. I guess we are now ruling by decree and violating the Sunshine Law by telegraphing elected officials positions and how they would vote via the newspaper. Can we listen to our appointed advisory boards? Can we get a recommendation from the Planning and Zoning Board? Can we have some public discussion on the issue before we see things "popping up" all over town?

I guess the message is that our elected officials' judgement cannot be questioned.

Sheesh!