Sunday, April 17, 2011

More on the meaning of "L-Dub"



From:
 Joan Oliva [mailto:joliva@LakeWorth.org]
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 10:02 AM
To: Silva, Rolando
Subject: quick question
The CRA Board voted 4 to 3 to use the name “L-DUB” as our new artist district. Don’t ask me why.
I have received information from one of my Board members that a DUB is a term for buying crack? I cannot believe I even need to ask this question but here it is!
Any legitimacy to this?
Thanks
J
Joan Oliva
Executive Director

From: Silva, Rolando
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 10:18 AM
To: 'Joan Oliva'
Subject: RE: quick question
Let me check with my “street slang” savvy guys and I will get back with you.


From: Silva, Rolando
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 10:19 AM
To: Jozwick, Daniel K.; Deneen, Gerald W.; Johnson, Christopher L.; Donovan, Michael L.
Cc: Cardenas, Oscar D.; Moss, David
Subject: FW: quick question
Can any of you guys advise? See yellow below.


From: Johnson, Christopher L.
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 10:23 AM
To: Silva, Rolando
Subject: RE: quick question
Yes “Dub” is street slang for $20 of Crack Cocaine. It should also be noted that a lot of our Gang members wear T-Shirts that say “L-Dub”.
D/S Christopher L Johnson #9145
Community Policing
PBSO- District 14
City of Lake Worth