Saturday, March 31, 2007

Well-wishes and kind thoughts...

Here is an assortment of some of the responses I have received since Tuesday. Thank you for your expressions of appreciation and support. It really does mean a lot to me and I am humbled by your response.




Wes,

We are so disappointed by the election results in your race but
congratulateyou for a great, positive campaign. We hope you'll try again in the
futureas we believe you would make a great public servant for LW.Keep in touch
and get some much deserved rest.

Best Regards,


Vicki Wooldridge & JoAnn Ferrieri



You did a hell of a job, but as you said the other dissenters went over to her
side. You did a first rate campaign !

Dave and Steve

Hey Wes-

Just want to congratulate you for giving the campaign 200% and
let you know how appreciative everyone is for your efforts.

Now get some
rest!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DESERVE IT :-)

Sincerely--

Bill Martin


This is just a small set back, hang in there, you need to get to the Bar
more often and start persuading those sorry few that did not see it your way.


Good effort,

Marc
Marc Federau, LIC






Hi Wes:

Before going to bed last night, I checked the Palm Beach
Supv of Elections web site, and saw that you had narrowly lost yesterday’s
runoff election.

I was sorry to see the news – I know you worked
extremely hard, and from what I saw and heard you did everything right. I’m sure
it’s particularly disappointing when you worked so hard and when the race
consequently became such a major part of your life.

But for a first
attempt I think you did great – you were one of the two finalists, and even then
lost by only 4 percentage points.

I hope you don’t give up – I know that
the majority of candidates aren’t elected the first time around, but instead
their first race establishes them in peoples’ minds, so that they’re not a
stranger next time around.

Approximately half of the voters in Lake
Worth found you to be the best candidate in your first time out, and I think
that’s quite a compliment.
If you choose, I’m sure you can build on that in
the future.

Congratulations on a great race. Hopefully you gain some satisfaction
knowing how well you did as a newcomer to Lake Worth electoral politics, and
hopefully you’re comfortable that you did the best you could as the new face on
the ballot.

Take care – Paul

By the narrowest of margins the good folks of Lake Worth lost a battle
yesterday. You can rest assured it was not for a lack of trying on your part, as
we were very proud of your drive, dedication, stamina and perseverance during
what seemed like a never ending race.

Despite the vote, you are a valuable asset to LW and even though this particular door has closed (for now), there is another opening just ahead.

Call when you catch your breath and if you need ANYTHING just let us know.

Love ya long time!

M
& C + a



HEY WES, ITS TAZ. I AM SO SADDENED THAT YOU DID NOT WIN THE SEAT. I HOPE YOU WILL NOT GIVE UP THE FIGHT HOWEVER. LAKE WORTH TRULY DOES NEED YOUR STRENGTH AND INTELLIGENCE.
Wes and Jo Ann,

I am sorry the results were not in your favor on Tuesday. You ran a great campaign and I am sure your issues and leadership will continue to resonate in the city.

Best wishes,
Rick

FYI: The reference above to "Jo Ann" relates to my campaign consultant.