Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Historic Districts - Present and Future

I thought it might be helpful to see the boundaries of the current historic districts (above) and the two that have been surveyed previously that are west of Dixie Highway. The current districts I supported and helped implement while on the Planning and Zoning, Historic Resource Preservation Board.
These boundaries (below) are approximate.
This also points out an operational problem in that Darrin Engle had to hand draw this map. You see this is a Mock Roos owned document - any changes or a new map mean a call to Mock Roos and a bill back to the City for time and materials. This has to end. Being the resourceful person that he is, Darrin drew up a boundary map of his own with a colored marker and made copies for the public. I am posting it here as it is a fairly rare document.
Note that I pledge to maintain the historic districts that we have and provide for the ultimate expansion of the historic districts into the areas that we have already surveyed. There are staffing issues that we will have to deal with once I am elected.
I post this here to counter the "story" going around that I want to abolish historic districts. Guess who might be saying that??

"Political advertisement paid for and approved by Wes Blackman for Commissioner – District #3"