Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Have you seen or visited the Lake Worth TooJay’s recently?


This year happens to mark an important point in my life. It turns out this is my twenty-eighth year in Florida, 25 of those years were spent living in the City of Lake Worth. My first 28 years were spent in Michigan where I was born and grew up. I’ve lived in three places in Lake Worth. The second was on 1st Avenue South between L and M Streets. The downtown location provided easy walking distances to downtown destinations like the Post Office, Library and banks, and of course, restaurants.

My favorite was TooJay’s Deli at 419 Lake Avenue. It still is my favorite. It was within such easy walking distance I referred to it as “my kitchen” back then. In fact, when I go today, I recognize some of the same servers that still work at this location. One thing that I didn’t realize is that this TooJay’s location has been in Lake Worth 33 years! And if you were paying attention recently the entire store changed before our eyes over the past month or so. Go there now and you’ll notice new flooring and booths.

Their menu expanded recently and tasty menu items can now all be accessed online at www.toojays.com, where you can order and pay for your take-out. They also have a mobile app, available for iOS and Android devices. So, in a way, going online or ordering through the app is really almost as easy as living next door. Everything can be waiting for you when you arrive.

I’ve been told that to celebrate the new look of the Lake Worth restaurant, Wednesday, December 13th at 8:00 a.m., the first 50 people in line will receive a $25 TooJay’s gift card and tumbler! There will be an official ribbon cutting ceremony at 9:00 a.m. with some of your favorite local dignitaries.

Check out the renderings of what the remodeled store will look like. I think you’ll be impressed. Lake Worth just keeps getting better all the time. Just one more reason to love Lake Worth!

You can also follow TooJay’s on Twitter.

Some of you may have already actually
seen the changes.

What’s your item that you always get without looking at the menu. Mine are the chopped salad and for deli sandwiches: the Triple J or sliced turkey with a schmear of chopped liver. Respond with your menu favorites in the comments section.