|Pick up the Herald print edition (still ¢50!) at the City’s Downtown newsstand, 600 Lake Ave. A nice man named Andy will assist you.|
Please join the City of Lake Worth for a Public Meeting to discuss the upcoming Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) for Fiscal Year 2017-2018. During this meeting City staff will describe eligible uses of CDBG funds and solicit public input on how these funds should be used.
Date: March 13, 2017
Time: 6:00 P.M.
Location: City Hall Conference Room, City Hall, 7 North Dixie Hwy.
The actual allocation of CDBG funding has not yet been announced. It is estimated that it will comparable to the CDBG allocation of $258,118 that the City received for Fiscal Year 2016-2017. Eligible uses of these funds includes the following activities:
- Acquisition of real property for a public purpose
- Infrastructure installation and improvements
- Public facilities and improvements
- Historic preservation
- Economic development
- Energy conservation and renewable energy
- Benefiting low and moderate income persons;
- Preventing or eliminating slums or blight; or
- Meeting an urgent community development need.