Monday, October 14, 2013

Off-topic: The continuing misadventures with Comcast...

Latest Comcast mix-up. About a month ago, I responded to a promotion where Comcast would add a VOIP line for a house phone. They would send a new modem. After I did the installation, I would send the old one back. They were to provide a UPS label so that I could return it free. For this, I would get $20 off my monthly bill for a year. Turns out they didn't send the return UPS label in the original shipment. I called once and the said no problem, this happens sometime, and they would send me a return label. A couple weeks pass. I call them again. I get a "Oh, we're sorry. I see that. We'll send another one out to you." At that point, I was afraid that I was going to get a whole new modem again, raised the question and was assured that "No, we are just sending you a label." Well, today a gigantic box arrived with a new modem, like the one that I already installed.

This is what arrived today.