Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Diamonds in the Rough - The latest entry from former Commissioner Mulvehill

Click title for link.  Telling part of this entry:
At the same time I saw this beauty, I also saw poverty. I saw mud and unpaved streets. I saw rain and clouds. Buildings in decay. I was able to see both – dark and light – at the same time. Poverty and prosperity. Positive and negative. I saw why people come here to visit and I saw why the youth who live here want to leave. I realize now, I took no pictures of the dark or of anything that I perceived to be negative.
Do I have the tendency to only see what I want to see? To only see what I perceive to be good? To only want to live with the light?  Perhaps.
Explains a lot, doesn't it?  Throughout, it's like she is paraphrasing this song - how profound: