Tuesday, December 21, 2010

PBSO Christmas Gift (authored by Mark Parrilla)

Mark,

It was good talking to you today.  Please share some of the below information with Genesis and keep us informed if there is any other suspicious activity that comes up.  Have a great Holiday Season.

Members of the District 14 Lake Worth Street Crimes Team conducted a search warrant at 605 South Pine Street.  The team was accompanied by the City of Lake Worth “JAG” Code Inspector.

The search warrant was the result of a lengthy drug investigation where multiple sales of illegal drugs were conducted from the property.

Crack cocaine and other illegal drugs were seized along with a firearm.

The “JAG” Code Enforcement Officer, working with PBSO Community Policing, was able to tag 2 apartments as unsafe, tagged abandoned vehicles, and will be continuing their code investigation.

Sincerely,

Lieutenant David Moss


I am forwarding this email (above) to the three consistent local bloggers in hopes you all will be as thrilled to share this information with your readers as I am to share it with you.  I am also posting it on commissioner Maxwell’s blog and the Genesis website and facebook page as well.  This is great news to see tangible evidence of the blight within the Genesis neighborhood boundaries being shut down and the process to permanently eliminate it, started.  I saw as the utility truck drove by my home as I spoke to Lt. Moss on my porch on their way to cut the utilities.  I look forward to attending the special magistrate hearing to voice my support and appreciation for these collaborative efforts.  The city will be seeking the maximum $250.00 per day fine.  My smile will be a little brighter this Christmas and New Year’s a little happier thanks to the comfort of knowing that we have some of the best officers PBSO has to offer.  I have begun to edit video of Capt. Silva and a envoy of officers who took their second trip to Haiti this November and took two patrol cars, bullet proof vests and other law enforcement aides, cots, etc. and to top it off went to the port where the ambulance we sent was sitting and they expedited the paperwork to get it released!  Lake Worthians should be proud of the men and women wearing those green uniforms with that PBSO patch on their shoulder.  As soon as I am done with the production and submit it to Capt. Silva and he approves it I will forward all three of you a copy so you can screen and see if you would like to share it with your readers.  To the THREE of you I truly wish from the bottom of my heart a safe, healthy and joyous Christmas and a prosperous New Year.  May our dreams that we pursue for the improvement of our surroundings find their way to reality!