Monday, September 11, 2006

Signs of Change

Hi everybody! Welcome to this new (sort of) website/blog. As many of you know, I announced my candidacy last Tuesday, September 5th for the District #3 Commission seat. This is early, according to tradition, and there is much work to be done in the meantime - without the distractions of people actively running for office. But, here we are and here we go! Let us hope that March brings the City vigorous new leadership that can move the City forward in a positive and enlightened way.

I plan on having a separate campaign website/blog. That will come eventually and you will be the first to know when it becomes active. For now, I will continue with this site as there has been a tremendous demand for it as I go around our City. I had shut it down for a while in order to put the: "Political advertisement paid for and approved by Wes Blackman for Commissioner – District #3" - liberally sprinkled throughout the site. I might add that up until the very last minute (ask those friends that were around me at the time) I wasn't sure if and what I was going to run for and when. That's all figured out now and I look forward to your support in March as we go forward through the campaign season.

I started this blog in order to get my observations and experiences out there so that others would have a way to find what is going on with the Board on which I serve and other City issues. One of the great challenges that we face in the City of Lake Worth is quality communication with accurate depictions of reality - read "facts". For some reason, we seem to have trouble sticking to the facts and therefore end up dealing with a reality that doesn't exist. Reality is where it is at if we want to progress as a community - together. One of the main thrusts of my campaign will be the establishment of new ways of facilitating communication amongst all of us in the City of Lake Worth. Your ideas on how to make this happen are greatly appreciated.

So, enjoy reviewing this site from time to time and I will keep throwing out ideas and observations. I hope through this you are able to get to know me better, what I am about and how I will serve the City of Lake Worth as Commissioner - District #3.


"Political advertisement paid for and approved by Wes Blackman for Commissioner – District #3"